Sangria isn't just for summer! Our Autumn sangria recipe is made with ghost honey, bourbon and flavors of ginger, cloves and cinnamon for a refreshing and cozy drink. Made with moscato wine, this is the perfect easy drink to serve during Thanksgiving
- Zest and juice from 1 large orange
- Juice from 5-6 medium lemons about 1 cup of juice & zest from 2 lemon
- 1¾ cups water
- ¼ cup Ghost Honey
- 1 4-inch piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 6 Chai decaffeinated tea bags single-serve size
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3-4 sticks cinnamon
- 2 cups Bourbon - We like Bulleit
- 1 750ml bottle Moscato (Mirassou works well)
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
Zest the orange and 2 of the lemons and place the zest in a small saucepan.
Juice the orange and all of the lemons over a medium-sized bowl. Set aside to add later.
Set the saucepan, with the zest, over medium heat and add water, Ghost Honey, ginger, tea bags, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
Set a fine-mesh sieve over a large pitcher and strain the tea mixture into the pitcher. Add reserved orange and lemon juices, bourbon, Moscato and bitters, fruit slices and cinnamon sticks; stir well.
Refrigerate 4-24 hours. When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice, give the sangria a good stir and fill each glass with sangria.
Garnish with slices of lemons, limes and oranges.